Author Topic: antares infinity  (Read 56548 times)

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
Re: antares infinity
« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2022, 12:10:03 AM »
got it
Looking for: Steinberg Cubase MAC Standard/Score v1-5 & Cubase Audio v1, Cubase Audio v2 for, Cubase Audio v3 for DAE/TDM => complete or in parts

Offline Syn-Fi

• Veteran Member
  • Quadra 700, G4 MDD, Mac mini
« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2023, 05:08:14 AM »
Any try this early version of Jupiter Infinity and succeed?

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2023, 09:14:26 AM »
Any try this early version of Jupiter Infinity and succeed?

succeed in?
Looking for: Steinberg Cubase MAC Standard/Score v1-5 & Cubase Audio v1, Cubase Audio v2 for, Cubase Audio v3 for DAE/TDM => complete or in parts

Offline daddyjeff

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2023, 07:25:44 PM »
I have the patches to crack infiniti 2.0.1

but i don't have infinity 2.0.1

Does anyone have version 2.0.1, I think if we put everything together we could have at least this one.

Note to keep in mind:

I notice that it is similar to antares Audio Stream where AS plugins are used, which I don't know if they are Audio Suite (AS) or exclusive Audio Stream (AS) plugins??  ???

Audio Stream does not need PACE permissions, at least the version I have works without this and comes with autotune 1.0 as standard, these looping tools may exist in plugin versions for Audio Stream.  :o

« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 09:02:08 PM by daddyjeff »

Online ssp3

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2023, 09:03:09 PM »
Just use 2.0.9, the last pre-PPC version from here:
https://www.macintoshrepository.org/40629-antares-infinity
« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 10:23:22 PM by ssp3 »
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Offline Syn-Fi

• Veteran Member
  • Quadra 700, G4 MDD, Mac mini
« Reply #85 on: February 03, 2023, 12:51:01 AM »
hi, thank you.
i'll try this later today.
My MDD G4 is for sale so i'm going to be 68k only, at least for a while.

Offline daddyjeff

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2023, 06:40:31 AM »
hi,
i tried out Jupiter (early version of Antares Infinity) on my Quadra 700, System 8.3, with 20mb ram but it says 'insuffient memory' tried in 24 bit and 32 bite memory modes.

anyone had any joy in launching this early version of Infinity?

hi,
i will try this.
It may have be called 'Jupiter Systems' Infinity looping tools at that point.  It was certainly used by Emu, Korg, Roland etc to create their compact sound sets for their romplers.

There is scant info on this as it was early and before the internet as we know it.

lol : found this in the "Crazy Torrent" mentioned here: http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?topic=2749.0

Yes, I had great joy with this primitive thing.

It really is a great loop editor, the feature that attracts me the most about this software is that it makes perfect loops. In other words: it does exactly what other editors fail to do in the first place.

Normally if we use any editor we will have the problem that some clicks will be generated by the bad coincidence of the beginning and end of a loop, this happens a lot in sampled basses, drum loops and synth pads.

I have several samples of Vangelis sampled from his records, I also have vinyls of Enya and some voices always have problems with singing.

I use Jupiter Infinity, to fix this problem, Recyce 2.0 does it well, but it's not always accurate.

so here the biggest difference i noticed with this editor is that you can rip a bb king, bob maley or diana ross cd and make these loops perfect right out of the box.

the loop bars are actually very good for capturing that beginning and end of each loop, also note that the realtime loop playback feature is only in Audio Steam and Adio Stream it's the same GUI as Antare Infinity, with the advantage that you can use plugins, it is also an editor that makes perfect loops.

It even happens to me with the software for mac osx CD xtract, (it doesn't always do it right), but jupiter infiniy if it measures it perfectly, you don't need to process anything, just use the tool with the two sticks to make the start and end of the desired loop It's enough.

There is an error that appears when I want to use plugins or DSP loop processors, sometimes it says that my "hard drive is locked".

Well, I'll find out what happens with that, if someone knows why it happens, still don't get caught or make bigger problems.

the historical value of this editor is important, it was used by Zero-G, Spectrasonics, Roland, E-Mu, the gentlemen of Ensoniq who were employees of E-mu... and of course the gentlemen of AKAI and Yamaha also used it this software, Paul Hardcastle, Daft PunK, Etienne de Crecy, all the hiphop, house, jungle, drum and bass and electronic bands of those years used it because it did those perfect loops well.

This loop maker saves you a lot of time on these kinds of details, fixing these mistakes can often be annoying and a waste of time.

I use this editor to create small collections of samples and thus be able to use them in my MCP2000XL, I have really verified that the kicks and hi-hats sound perfect, the drumloops without clicks or anomalies in those frequencies that normally other editors will not avoid the annoying editing error .

Protools Free already has it, and it's another much more modern option or alternative that I have.

Before using Jupiter INFINITY you have to crack it and then start the program, I always do this every time I want to use it, otherwise it tells me an error or asks me that its time expired.

Summing up: what is Antare INFINITY?

It's a bug free loop editing tool, it's like having a part of the Pro Tools edition functions, but without having to go into Pro Tools.

It's a very small and light program that if you just feel like looping your records on a Sunday afternoon, it's just perfect.

IMO, due to the little experience I have with it, it seems very precise and unique in these functions.  -afro-

« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 06:51:13 AM by daddyjeff »

Offline daddyjeff

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2023, 07:00:16 AM »
Just use 2.0.9, the last pre-PPC version from here:
https://www.macintoshrepository.org/40629-antares-infinity

Thank you very much, I did not know that detail, this is a great help on your part, I hope that some in 2023 can enjoy it, I saw that the crack was also shared, anyway, I will share again in case anyone in 2023 wants to use it.

-afro-

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: February 03, 2023, 07:03:45 AM »
indeed the looping algos are as advanced because of their proprietory algorithms also used in other jupiter/antares software

*still praying IIO finally gives us SDII plugs

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2023, 07:07:04 AM »

the historical value of this editor is important, it was used by Zero-G, Spectrasonics, Roland, E-Mu, the gentlemen of Ensoniq who were employees of E-mu... and of course the gentlemen of AKAI and Yamaha also used it this software

i remember an old interview with hildebrand where he said that he basically sold a handful of copies to synth designers and then roland and korg used it to create their PCM workstation keyboards, so millions of people now had perfect loops and he was left with nothing.

of course he couldnt care less because he was a billionaire already from his earthquake stuff, but i think it is a really funny story about someone making a fundamental error when he tries to evaluate his copyright from a tool which is used to create copyrighted content itself. :P

insert arbitrary signature here

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #90 on: February 03, 2023, 07:11:50 AM »
some did bother to put the infinity logo on though if used for their samples (hardware units)

Offline daddyjeff

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #91 on: February 03, 2023, 09:04:30 AM »

the historical value of this editor is important, it was used by Zero-G, Spectrasonics, Roland, E-Mu, the gentlemen of Ensoniq who were employees of E-mu... and of course the gentlemen of AKAI and Yamaha also used it this software

i remember an old interview with hildebrand where he said that he basically sold a handful of copies to synth designers and then roland and korg used it to create their PCM workstation keyboards, so millions of people now had perfect loops and he was left with nothing.

of course he couldnt care less because he was a billionaire already from his earthquake stuff, but i think it is a really funny story about someone making a fundamental error when he tries to evaluate his copyright from a tool which is used to create copyrighted content itself. :P

Lol, the software was not to blame for fraudulent use in house music and hiphop or all electronic music for stealing snippets, that would be like blaming Ensoniq for inventing their ASR10, or Roger Linn for his most successful MPC samplers.  :-\

Dj shadow was a mercenary for stolen goods, his best album is a masterpiece of the sampling world, but let's just say that Mr. Hildebrand was not guilty of anything illegal, he just made a very good sample making tool that was not only 8 seconds like the tapes of a mellotron...  :o

I think he created this tool for personal recording, better known as autosampling, where you sample or improvise your stuff and repeat it perfectly, not necessarily from a CD or vinyl, but rather with your drum machine and synth, flute, piano, guitar...  ;)

but we know that irony is just a useless hobby, because mp3 was also invented to send audio files by email, although its inventor was never to blame for its misuse of recording all kinds of music in this format so as not to pay only A disc. It is an invention for audios, voice notes, demos, and personal things, so many sent their demos to labels and entered the business, which later did not allow them to be pirated due to this misuse of the mp3 format.  8)

Fraudulent and delinquent users are mostly consumers, much more so than their inventors.  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 09:22:12 AM by daddyjeff »

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: February 03, 2023, 09:52:46 AM »
i think you took this the wrong way

he just lamented that he could have made millions but legally had no way to do so

Online ssp3

• Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: February 03, 2023, 11:14:40 AM »
If you create tool and then sell it, you don't get paid royalties on products that others create with your tool.
Imagine if Microsoft (Word) or Adobe (Photoshop) tried to pull off that kind of stunt. Or Black&Decker.
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Offline daddyjeff

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #94 on: February 03, 2023, 03:58:41 PM »
i think you took this the wrong way

he just lamented that he could have made millions but legally had no way to do so

No, I would never take such an interesting and fun topic badly, I was really only amused by the comment in the part where it is mentioned that infnity was used to create content with copyright protection, which is true and very funny.

🤣🤣🤣

Offline daddyjeff

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #95 on: February 03, 2023, 04:01:36 PM »
If you create tool and then sell it, you don't get paid royalties on products that others create with your tool.
Imagine if Microsoft (Word) or Adobe (Photoshop) tried to pull off that kind of stunt. Or Black&Decker.

Hildebrand's story is that of a typical mathematical obsessive, insatiable in knowledge, bookworm, for whom school was insufficient and the challenge of going further always attracted him. He finished a PhD in electrical engineering at the University of Illinois in 1976 with a series of developments in applications of linear estimation theory and signal processing, which led him to Exxon Oil, who he worked with to save them from a multi-million dollar loss. .

If he could save an oil company from bankruptcy, then surely he could do better for himself, he thought.

But this would not happen until years later, since from his work as a software and hardware engineer dedicated to mapping the earth's surface in 2D and 3D, he felt a great void with his creations and the busy oil industry.

His ambition then took him further: not only did he exceed his expectations in his field, but it led him to another sector, musical, sonic, creative.

For this, he first had to leave the oil industry to return to school to study composition, where he began working with samplers, which would give him the impetus to develop his own musical algorithms.

His argument at the time was that sampling-based instruments sounded rubbish and the problem was that machines couldn't hold much data.

His idea was then that of an algorithm that could condense data to the point of allowing better sustain, better timbre, more diversity in sound reproduction, thus resulting in a software called Infinity, whose popularity reached unimaginable peaks by its creator, who decided there in the early 90's, start his own music company: Antares Audio Technology.

-afro-

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #96 on: February 04, 2023, 02:27:06 AM »
No, I would never take such an interesting and fun topic badly, I was really only amused by the comment in the part where it is mentioned that infnity was used to create content with copyright protection, which is true and very funny.

you still totally misunderstand the story (and nobody said anything about "protection" or "fraud")

he invented a technology big companies made use of to create content, but all they needed to use his tool is to pay the 200 dollar one time fee.

and after all keyboards had good looped material, there was no market to sell a looping tool directly to musicians either.

so if it would have been his aim to make as much money as possible with it - which we dont know - it would have an amazing mistake to sell the software instead of licensing the technology directly to third parties.

(of course i am the last person who would condone releasing new tech to the public as slow as possible only for profit, but that´s not the point.)
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: February 04, 2023, 03:59:32 AM »
Jupiter Systems 1990-1996

INFINITY (1993) DSP Looping Tools is a powerful sample editor for Apple® computers that uses unique new DSP technologies to automate and improve the looping process - The part of sample editing that takes the most time and skill.
INFINITY allows you to loop everything from solo woodwinds to huge synth stacks with just a few mouse clicks, providing a new level of quality, speed, and simplicity far beyond what's possible with conventional sample-editing tools. For looping sound, nothing on earth can equal INFINITY.
- SPR Looper™
- Rotated Sums Looper™
- Crossfade Looper with Smart Auto-Scan™
- Real-Time Loop Adjust™
- Synth Looper™

MDT - Multiband Dynamics Tool (1994)

JVP - Jupiter Voice Processor (1995)

SST - Spectral Shaping Tool (1996)

AnTares Systems 1996-1998

Auto-Tune 1 (1997)
ATR-1 Intonation Processor (Jan 26, 1998)
Auto-Tune 2 (Jan 19, 1999)
AMM-1 Microphone Modeler (Jan 28, 1999)

Offline daddyjeff

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2023, 11:55:21 AM »
Zero-G sells you libraries where sounds and Fx are edited and processed like Atares Infinity and more outdated tools.

in many Zero-G (zero gravity) libraries Antares Infinity is a tool for creating complex FX.

https://zero-g.co.uk/products/morphology