Author Topic: Reload v1.0 utility (convert AKAI media to NNXT)  (Read 13291 times)

supernova777

Reload v1.0 utility (convert AKAI media to NNXT)
« on: August 09, 2014, 04:52:26 AM »

Reload is a utility for converting AKAI S1000 and S3000 formatted media to formats
that can be used in various computer audio products:
Propellerhead Reason
• Reload can convert an entire Akai disk into NN-XT Patch files and their associated
samples, complete with names, key mapping and parameter settings.
• The samples created in the conversion can also be loaded into other Reason
devices such as Redrum and NN19.
• Reload can convert an entire Akai disk into a single ReFill file containing all
the converted data, which saves considerable disk space without any loss of
quality.
Propellerhead ReCycle and Other Audio Applications
For users of ReCycle and non-Propellerhead products, Reload provides the
possibility to convert the audio samples on an Akai disk to Wave files.

this is the .exe version installer
if anyone has the mac version please respond;)

supernova777

Re: Reload v1.0 utility (convert AKAI media to NNXT)
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 01:45:07 AM »
The 2.5 version is also needed by Reload to be able to pack ReFills.

still needs refill packer to make a refill though

supernova777

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 12:06:34 AM »
i just found a post on the propellerheads forum re: the reload utility being discontinued by propellerhead (post is from 2011) saying that its no big deal that reload is now unavailable because, instead, you can use "CDXtract can convert from AKAI (and a load of other formats like Kontakt) to Reason's NNXT Sampler format."

which is totally news to me..

question is..
does this apply only to pc version of cdxtract or the mac os 9 version aswell?
if anyone can answer or has experience with nnxt conversion with cdxtract please share.

the post also mentioned that reloads only advantage over using cdxtract would be that it automates the process of converting from akai, and afterwards launches automatically the refill packer which would/could create a .rfl file from said akai sample cd, rather then having to manually queue this up yourself.. (which sounds sweet to me, especially if yo u had a bunch of akai cds u were trying to convert)

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 01:47:50 PM »
It will be very interesting the opposite conversion also, ie, convert the Reason sample libraries to  other formats like exs, giga, kompakt, soundfont, to be used with different samplers...
Please don't PM about things that are not private.

supernova777

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 02:30:36 PM »
It will be very interesting the opposite conversion also, ie, convert the Reason sample libraries to  other formats like exs, giga, kompakt, soundfont, to be used with different samplers...

i dont think this is possible?? from what i have read.. at least it was never intended to be possible

Offline geforceg4

• Platinum Member
  • i did my time on mac os 9
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 10:04:32 PM »
anyone have the windows version of this Reload App? for creating NNXT refills from AKAI Format CDs
was there a mac os x version aswell?

Offline cyberish

• Veteran Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 06:00:44 AM »
btw: What is the easiest way to reconvert Reason's NNXT Sampler format to AKAI on the mac? (whatever Mac OS... , PPC or not... )

Offline geforceg4

• Platinum Member
  • i did my time on mac os 9
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2016, 03:44:55 PM »
ive never heard of someone going that way from NNXT -> AKAI
because its somewhat difficult to author AKAI format CDs
as far as i uncovered, they have to be done by using an old Akai S series sampler with a SCSI drive the size of the CD or smaller
and then the external SCSI drive itself has to be cloned to make the actual CD.. so its a very lengthy + arduous process to make a real AKAI cd
that involves using the sampler itself..

As far as i know there never was any real good app for authoring AKAI FORMAT CDs
nevermind CONVERTING NNXT patches to AKAI!!!!!!!!!!

someone PLEASE tell me im wrong id love to be schooled on any AKAI FORMAT authoring or CONVERTING software packages

in the meantime - id really appreciate it if someone could file attach the RELOAD utility for reason 1.0 + 2.0
for windows pc's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so i could use one of my winboxes for converting AKAI format to NNXT

Offline thekernel

• Valued Member
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2018, 03:11:57 PM »
Did anyone manage to locate Reload 1.0.1 or later? I'd be happy with any version: Mac OS9/X or PC XP.

macStuff

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2018, 04:10:18 PM »
Did anyone manage to locate Reload 1.0.1 or later? I'd be happy with any version: Mac OS9/X or PC XP.

i think it was found, its just that noone cared strongly enough to post it here for others to be able to use it.
i still hope that someone can finally post it in this thread.

Offline refinery

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2018, 02:26:29 PM »
i wonder if 1.01 fixes the bug where I have to quit and re-launch the app after every disk i convert before I can do another.
got my mind on my scsi and my scsi on my mind

Offline fuego

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2020, 07:30:50 PM »
I feel so stupid for not backing this one up. My ph registration page shows my license but will not let me download.

Offline fuego

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2020, 10:11:41 AM »
Quick update on here. Reached out to ph and they basically said they can not do anything about this. I did find some old URL's that are no longer active, most of the installers are located are behind a login at cdn.propellerhead.se so no luck searching for it.

I have a feeling with their new crew + new name "Reason Studios" lot of the legacy stuff has sort of been vanished.

If anyone has a OSX version 1.0.1 I'd really appreciate it.