Author Topic: reason 2.0 /w 2.5 sndbank - always reqs cd in your cd/dvd *SOLVED  (Read 14017 times)

supernova777

just wondering if anyone knows of anyway of avoiding the checking of the soundbank cd/dvd
when launching reason 2.0 .. its inconvenient to have the cd always occupying the drive

im pretty sure that i used to do be able to do this with a mounted image both on a pc (xp) using daemon tools
and on a mac (os9) using toast but im not sure which versions work and which dont
im fairly positive that v1.0 has no problem opening with the virtual disc mounted

right now im using version 2.0 (and toast 5.x) and its not working, it doesnt acknowledge the disc image has been mounted.
this may be because of the mismatch between 2.0 + 2.5 (similar to how the 2.0 installer fails to recognize the 2.5 sound banks)
but yet it works for opening 2.0 with a real burned disc of 2.5's sound banks (as long as u install "custom" excluding the sound banks)

i think 1.0 + 2.5 both allowed me to simply mount the .toast file and thereby keep the
cd/dvd vacant and not always occupied by the stupid sound bank disc!!

anyways i will test further and report back my findings..

« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 02:27:14 PM by chrisNova777 »

Offline Jakl

• Gold Member
Maybe try the toast 4 cd reader extension instead of the
toast 5 reader extension and see if that works IOW try
toast 4.

By the way which computer are you using it on? B&W?
Because why not use Reason 2.5?

supernova777

Maybe try the toast 4 cd reader extension instead of the
toast 5 reader extension and see if that works IOW try
toast 4.

its worth a shot.. but i think this problem is because of the mismatch of using 2.5 sound banks with the 2.0 app
thats the only reasonable explanation as im pretty sure this works with 1.0 + 2.5 - it would be nice to be able to find the 2.0 sound bank + orkester somehow if anyones got them... i sure wish devil's advisor has uploaded the entire package at once, he only uploaded the program disc for 2.0

By the way which computer are you using it on? B&W?
Because why not use Reason 2.5?

hey jakl
i mostly use reason for its drum machine + basic sampler
so whatever version works fine for me
but i happened to have 2.0 installed purely because i was testing to see if i could get 2.0 up + running
and havent reinstalled 2.5 as of yet;) i will get around to it eventually!

plus 2.0 has sentimental value for me as it was the first version of reason that i ever used back in late 2001 or whenever it was
that i first got this program. I originally bought it but it dissappeared, someone got a 5 finger discount (Stolen)

when i first got this program i literally had no clue about anything music related.. no idea at all!

supernova777

Solution found
ok.. i think its not asking for the cd for verification at all.
its simply asking for the sound bank because it needs it. to be able to run..
and if the soundbank .rfl file itself was in the same directory as the reason app..
then it wont even ask for the cd.. the app will simply open.

so the solution is simply to:
copy the orkester + sound bank .rfl files into the reason working directory!
start reason v2.0 + it should just open immediately with no cd check!

supernova777

Re: reason 2.0 /w 2.5 sndbank - always reqs cd in your cd/dvd *SOLVED
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 11:57:11 PM »
one of the bugs with reason v2.0 is that the app can lose its authorization info randomly and require u to enter a serial number again
this is fixed with the reason 2.01 update i think its also built into the 2.5 update

supernova777

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 01:14:37 PM »
i would like it very much if someone could help us to get the reason 2.01 update
to fix this problem of having it ask for the cd randomly again ..

this update can only be downloaded directly from propellerhead if u own a 2.0 reason license..
ie: if u own reason 1.0 or 3.0 or another version u cannot download the update.

Offline akula

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
Solution found
so the solution is simply to:
copy the orkester + sound bank .rfl files into the reason working directory!
start reason v2.0 + it should just open immediately with no cd check!

Hey chris, thanks for you amazing work, i actually always used to do this with reason 3.0 on tiger, but 2.5 now strangely its always asking for the refill cd even they are in the folder..any advice? cheers

supernova777

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 08:36:21 AM »
i read that there was a patch for this exact problem but u have to have reason 2.x on your account with propellerhead to download it.

i actually bought reason 2.0 back around 2001 or 2002 but someone stole my cds from my apartment before i was able to register it in my name... so i cant help u there.
but i think its a minor update that patches some small minor issues.. this was one of the issues i read about...

are u using 2.5 on tiger?? because the first intel version was 3.05 (universal binary update)
ill try to look into it?? but yea, perhaps try rewriting the files from the cd and starting up again with the cd in.. and it should work to start up .. and hopefully it 'remembers' the auth.

Offline akula

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 09:26:45 AM »
but yea, perhaps try rewriting the files from the cd and starting up again with the cd in.. and it should work to start up .. and hopefully it 'remembers' the auth.

Allright, because my soundbanks are a backup from my old scruffed reason 2.0 cds , but on my windows version they worked straight away with 2.5 . Ill try to burn them!
cheers buddy

Offline miracman

• Valued Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2014, 06:18:50 PM »
i would like it very much if someone could help us to get the reason 2.01 update
to fix this problem of having it ask for the cd randomly again ..

I have a reason 2.0.1 update.. but for OS X.  Maybe you can try it if you dual boot.  It's from 2002.

A friend of mine has the same problem.  I'm not sure why I don't.  Maybe you have to specifiy that you want to install both .rfl files on install instead of copying the discs afterwards.  That's what I did and it only asked for the cds the first time I used it.

But hey.. I have no clue.

Offline ferridirection

• almost new to the forums
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2015, 04:16:58 AM »
I just installed RSN 2.5 on my G4 system OS 9.2.2 and if I remember right - it always happened when you changed your hardware configuration - different HD - different FW chains.
Once your system is set, no more Orkester, Factory Sound Bank and serial number any more.