Author Topic: VNC/Timbuktu: Remoting a screen of OS9  (Read 21862 times)

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
Re: VNC/Timbuktu: Remoting a screen of OS9
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2017, 08:08:21 PM »
Is someone running MacOS Sierra? I upgraded to High Sierra so I believe this Timbuktu software won't work. Go here and grab it: https://www.macintoshrepository.org/9201-timbuktu-pro-8-8-5

Install it, and do that little sh file trick. Let's see if this works on Sierra. If it does and it's as fast as I've read, I'll downgrade back to Sierra for it.

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2017, 09:19:07 PM »
We have GOT to get this running on OSX. Timbuktu is much faster than other remote desktop servers and clients. If no one here has a Sierra or earlier install I may just have to roll back myself to test.

Online paule

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2017, 01:38:30 AM »
Hi syntho,
nice to hear that vine viewer worked the way I described. I am sorry, that it is not fast enough for you. I worked out that vine viewer is more reliable (or maybe also a little bit faster?!) when working in fullscreen mode. The "window mode" seems to be a little bit slower but it was more reliable when I worked with protools, because I could use the record button (cmd+space) the same way as I would sit in front of the os9 machine and also I don't get any "disk too slow" message when working in fullscreen. Don' know if this helps but I wanted to inform you about this too. Good luck with timbuktu and I am really curious if timbuktu is really faster.

Best, paule.

Offline madalynmcworm

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2017, 11:14:44 AM »
Timbuktu client working fine on El Capitan. Had to do the commands in the fix. I manually typed them into the console, but same thing.

Sent a file. Move the mouse around. Seems ok.
Can't say for speed. Haven't tried VNC yet.

Offline Mike Richardson

• Valued Member
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2018, 10:16:55 PM »
Both Hotline and KDX were created by Adam Hinkley.

Both of them use proprietary interfaces. If you run Hotline Client 1.9.0 Carbon, it looks like OS 9.

I believe, but have no direct evidence, that KDX illegally incorporates some Hotline code.

Illegally, because there was a big legal fight about Hotline in the early 2000's.

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2018, 03:27:21 PM »
i guess it was not more "illegal" than "hotline 1.9" :)

now that we have OS9 running on mac minis i think it would be about time that i get my hands on a copy of the KL library, haha...

and a registration code for haxial organizer :P
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2018, 03:56:27 PM »
ah, i refound what i wanted to show you.

read case 23 from the first to the last word.

it is a learning play about copyright and moral rights.

if you add hinks´ personal attitude to copyright - and if you eventually also know about the story between carracho and burda, you almost got the whole picture.

https://books.google.de/books?id=jxaVdeqJ1AMC&pg=PA84&lpg=PA84&dq=adam+hinkley&source=bl&ots=DHQcR_Noqh&sig=9cTakac-Wlk954KKbpQgJbmftWw&hl=de&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjWzKO11JzaAhUEGuwKHSgXAlk4ChDoAQhdMAk#v=onepage&q=adam%20hinkley&f=false
insert arbitrary signature here