Author Topic: RTAS plugins + otherwise under pro tools 5  (Read 5797 times)

supernova777

RTAS plugins + otherwise under pro tools 5
« on: November 08, 2013, 12:28:09 PM »
hey there
right now theres no forum area for discussing Real Time Audio Suite (RTAS) plugins
so i will post here for the time being..

I have installed FM7 and got it to work great with DirectConnect in my Pro Tools LE 5.01
being excited about my success with Fm7, i have started trying to compile a full list of other software
instruments that are compatible for use inside Pro Tools LE 5+ under os9... so far this is what ive found:
(please let me know if you know of others)

Arturia MinimoogV
Arturia cs80v
Arturia Moog Modular V
Arturia Arp2600v (this may not be os9 compatible i read, but it is posted with the others for demo download, see my post here: http://macintoshgarden.org/forum/arturia-instrument-demos-mac-os9)

Native Instruments Battery
Native Instruments FM7 (which ive located + installed + works great via directconnect not RTAS!)
Native Instruments B4
Native Instruments Pro52
and of coursE:
Refuse (DirectConnect connection for rewiring Reason + Rebirth + other rewire capable slave apps)
http://www.refusesoftware.com/products/feature/1

now i have cd images for the minimoogv, moog modv, + cs80v, im trying to install them and of course they install fine
but when testing, Ive tested minimoogv + cs80v so far, and the system freezes immediatey and i must do a hard reboot.
my method of testing is simply to add the plugin to a stereo aux channel inside pro tools le 5.01 (the version im using)... Perhaps im doing this incorrectly? but i doubt it! someone had suggested to me perhaps i need to locate a copy of pro tools le 5.1+***  and upgrade to 5.1 from my current platform of 5.01, and that the RTAS implementation may fix the problem, but seeing as it the digi001's box proclaims compatibility with rtas.. im leaning more to the problem being to do with arturia..

anyone else have any experience with this?
i have found articles on sonicstate+ tweakheads lab that refer to some type of problem with the initial versions
and make mention of updates being a remedy to the problem...i have tried the 1.5 os9 update for minimoogv
but it made little difference other then changing the freeze behavior to pro tools 5 not even launching with the plugin  files in the dae folder - i had to actually remove them to get pro tools le 5 to even start up after installing the 1.5 minimoogv update.

if anyone has any details of working arturia plugins under os9.. or details on any further worthwhile RTAS/DirectConnect soft synths under pt5 + os9 please post + share!

cs80v works amazing as a vst plugin under nuendo, or cubase......
need to get to the bottom of this!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 12:56:21 PM by supernova777 »