Author Topic: adat bridge  (Read 3699 times)

supernova777

adat bridge
« on: July 31, 2014, 09:50:51 AM »
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/oct98/articles/adat_bridge.html

The ADAT Bridge I/O is Digidesign's latest addition to the wide range of peripherals available for Pro Tools systems, and enables the user to transfer simultaneously up to 16 tracks of ADAT data in either direction between a Pro Tools system and two ADAT-compatible devices. Bridge I/O works with Pro Tools 24, Pro Tools III or Pro Tools Project PCI systems using Pro Tools v4.1.1 (or higher) software. As ADATs are 8-channel devices, the unit manages its I/O in two separate 8-channel Groups, A and B. You can connect two ADATs to each ADAT Bridge I/O, and up to five ADAT Bridge I/Os can be used with Pro Tools for a maximum of 72 channels of input and output. The ADAT Bridge connects to your Pro Tools card in exactly the same way as an 888 or 882 interface, using a multiway cable running from the back of the unit to the computer card. If you already have an interface connected you can connect to the DSP Farm card instead, and if you have two interfaces already, you can use a special Y-cable (which Digidesign can supply) to connect two interfaces to one socket on the back of the card.