Author Topic: arturia moog modular v  (Read 8369 times)

supernova777

arturia moog modular v
« on: October 12, 2013, 07:23:18 AM »
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jul03/articles/arturiamoog.asp
http://www.vintagesynth.com/misc/mmv.php

Moog Modular V (or MMV for short) comes on a cross-platform CD with versions for both PC and Mac. The minimum OS specification for for PC users is Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000 or XP, and Classic, 9.x, and OSX.2 or higher for Mac users. In both cases, 128MB of RAM is required, with a recommended minimum of 500MHz processor speed. The software can also be run in a wide variety of plug-in formats: PC users have the choice of stand-alone (ASIO or Direct Sound,) VST, DXi, and RTAS versions.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 05:31:20 PM by chrisNova777 »

Offline xsys

• xsys means external system
Re: arturia moog modular v
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 04:50:23 PM »
I was astonished to learn that Moog Modular worked on OS9, and I not only still have the install CD for 2.0, but the box and manual! And, sure enough, the description above is on the box.

However, when I put the hybrid CD into my G4 running OS9, there was no installer, and no plugin. There were files for OSX only. I have a dual boot, so I switched to OSX, and there was an installer package, but only for OSX. There was no OS9 anything to be found!

I sent an email to Arturia support, but I have yet to hear from them. Their archives no longer have anything that old, and based on the general responses I have been getting from everyone (Waldorf, Native Instruments, et al) I'm screwed!

Does anyone have the installer? Do you enter your serial number? Did it use a usb dongle? I have one plugged into this Mac for some reason.

Thank you for any info.

Offline Metrophage

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 07:44:51 PM »
According to the manual, it sounds like it should "just work":
http://downloads.arturia.com/products/modular-v/manual/ModularV_Manual_2_0_EN.pdf

INSTALLATION MACOS 9
Insert the CD-ROM in the drive. Explore the CD-ROM content; double-click on the “Moog Modular V 2 setup Mac” icon.
The Moog Modular V will be installed as a standalone application. The following step allows you to install  the  Moog  Modular V as a plugin. To do this,  choose the protocol(s) that you use. (VST(Steinberg),  RTAS/HTDM  (Digidesign),  MAS  (MOTU)). For  more  information  on  these  protocols, look at chapter 8.
By  default  the  Moog  Modular  V  will  be  installed in  your  Applications  folder.  However,  you  can choose the drive and the installation folder for the Moog Modular V.

I suppose you could try installing it under OS X and seeing if the same installed VST works on OS 9. If the OS X version is carbon instead of mach-o then it might. Speaking of which, make sure that you have the latest CarbonLib in your Extensions folder.

Offline xsys

• xsys means external system
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 08:50:05 PM »
Thank you for the reply!

'double-click on the “Moog Modular V 2 setup Mac” icon'

Did not exist on my 2.0 CD, but the box does say for OS9, OSX, and Windows.

I did install in OSX (there was a .pkg installer file at least), so I will look in the audio/plugins/vst folder in OSX and try that file in OS9. I'll report back soon.

I will go through everything again though as I may have missed something.

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 04:13:10 AM »
I was astonished to learn that Moog Modular worked on OS9, ...

Yes, it works on Mac Os 9. You have a PM  :D
Please don't PM about things that are not private.