Author Topic: The Emulation Thing  (Read 8246 times)

Offline HBlaine

The Emulation Thing
« on: December 11, 2012, 02:04:06 PM »
How many folks are doing the emulation thing?  I mean, running an emulator?

I run Classic on my G4s (and occasionally on my G3s) of course.  But, I also have SheepShaver and Mini vMac on my MBP, and a copy of SheepShaver on my Toshiba (yeah, I admit it...  I do keep a Windows [  :o ] computer around if needed...).

If I have to be completist, I also have a copy of Cloanto's Amiga Forever on the Toshiba.  (Always wanted to play with an Amiga, and this was about as close as I could get.)  And I have Steem on an old Acer netbook, just to give it some use.  (Though, strangely, I never seem to use it...  ::) )

So, what's everyone else got?

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: The Emulation Thing
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 04:07:01 PM »
I have tried every type of emulation out there.  From Virtual PC running XP machines on OS 9 to Sheep Shaver running 9.04 on Leopard.

In the end I always go back to booting directly to OS 9 since I need direct hardware addressing to run my audio interfaces, Powercore Cards, and UAD Cards for my DAW G4s.

Also, retro games like Duke Nukem run better natively than via an emulator.  Don't get me wrong, I love the functionality of emulators and I am patiently waiting for an emulator that will run Mac OS 9.2.1 or 9.2.2 on Snow Leopard so please keep me posted :)