Author Topic: Waves Transform Bundle  (Read 4213 times)

supernova777

Waves Transform Bundle
« on: July 09, 2014, 02:57:52 PM »
Waves Transform Bundle

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/dec04/articles/wavestb.htm

looks like VST/TDM/RTAS supported

I'm always a bit bewildered by Waves' product catalogue, which looks more like an exercise in set theory than a sales tool. Small plug-in bundles appear inside bigger plug-in bundles, usually named after increasingly rare metals; and while some of the smaller collections, like the Masters Bundle and Restoration Suite, have natural themes, others are less obvious. There's definitely something contrived about the Transform Bundle, for instance, which brings together four tools that are designed "for anyone looking to push the envelope in sound transformation".

Beyond this slightly nebulous concept, the four plug-ins don't have much in common. There's a pitch-shifting and time-stretching tool, a vocoder, a transient processor, and the Doubler effect last seen in Waves' Musicians Bundle I, which is designed to mimic some of those classic Eventide Harmonizer doubling and thickening tricks. Since I described Doubler in detail in that review (August 2004, available on-line at www.soundonsound.com/sos/aug04/articles/wavesmb.htm), I won't cover it any further here except to say it's a surprisingly useful and versatile plug-in that has few direct equivalents in software. The other plug-ins are only available here, or in the super-comprehensive Diamond Bundle.

As usual, the Transform Bundle is available in TDM and all popular native formats, although the time-stretching and off-line pitch-shifting aren't supported in VST, MAS or Audio Units hosts. The plug-ins are accessed through Waves' Waveshell system, which has its own preset saving and loading system, and also allows you to do A/B comparisons between different sets of settings. Copy protection is via challenge and response, or you can authorise the plug-ins to your iLok key. Waves' iLok implementation is typically unconventional: it doesn't support transfer and auditing of authorisations via iLok.com, and Waves recommend using a separate iLok key for their plug-ins, although I didn't follow this advice and didn't run into any problems

Online smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
Re: Waves Transform Bundle
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 04:48:11 PM »
it did as well as mix cards and os 9. its missing here.
Looking for: Steinberg Cubase MAC Standard/Score v1-5 & Cubase Audio v1, Cubase Audio v2 for, Cubase Audio v3 for DAE/TDM => complete or in parts