Author Topic: Antares Filter  (Read 17667 times)

supernova777

Antares Filter
« on: July 09, 2014, 02:34:20 PM »

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jul04/articles/antaresfilter.htm

If you found a vintage synth with four multi-mode filters, each having its own envelope generator, LFO and delay line, you'd think you'd died and gone to analogue heaven. But these days, it's easy to dream up software devices with specifications way beyond what any of the hardware classics was capable of. Antares's Filter plug-in has all the above features and more, including two built-in step sequencers, a 12x12 modulation matrix, an evelope follower, extensive MIDI control and a variety of routing options.

It's tempting to ask why they didn't just add a couple of oscillators and turn it into a full-blown synthesizer, but as it is, it depends on having a mono or stereo audio input, and can be used as an insert plug-in in any sequencer that supports VST, RTAS, MAS (Mac OS only) or Direct X (PC only) formats. Pro Tools users should note that there's no HTDM version, so you can't use it on aux tracks within a TDM system. This is a fairly major limitation, since as we'll see, Filter is more useful on mixes and submixes than on individual instruments.

Authorisation is via challenge and response, and worked as expected in the review system. Annoyingly, no minimum spec is given, but I found that it just about ran on my ancient 300MHz G3 Mac, which is pretty good going for such a complex plug-in. In other respects, the printed manual is good, and the separate explanation of what all the presets do is equally welcome.

pretty sure thats a mac os 9 screenshot;)

supernova777

Re: Antares Filter
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 01:33:50 PM »
this plugin looks serious  :o

supernova777

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 10:36:57 AM »
mactron, iloked?

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 01:29:58 PM »
mactron, iloked?

I don't know for sure...
Please don't PM about things that are not private.

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 06:12:57 AM »
mactron, iloked?

I don't know for sure...

Yes, iLoked.
(confirmed)
Unless someone have a fix...
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 07:20:43 AM by MacTron »

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 01:09:24 PM »
Attached is the VST version. It can work for 10 days in try out mode .This period of time can be resetted using the "Sony Oxford procedure":

Delete the content of "HFSExtentTables" folder inside "TheVolumeSettingsFolder" (this folders and files are invisibles). And perform a Desktop rebuild.

This is not a great thing, but that's all we have ...

supernova777

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 01:48:05 PM »
it sounds good enough to go through all that trouble?

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 01:51:08 PM »
Not, in my opinion. :P

... but Sony Oxford stuff...  :) may be...

Online Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 02:27:50 PM »
Attached is the VST version.

This is not a great thing, but that's all we have ...

Please, Let's find the RTAS version! Also the MAS one!

It can come in handy to explain how to build a desktop. For newer users
[youtube]5yxmi14ru10[/youtube]
[youtube]MZYM6AxhQAw[/youtube]
[youtube]kUjTQGsEcxg[/youtube]
 ;D
Now seriously http://www.essentialmac.com/fix/rebuild.html
How do you rebuild the desktop

Restart while holding down the OPTION + COMMAND keys. This is simple, painless and only takes a couple of minutes. You should rebuild the desktop once per month and after every major software installation or upgrade.

http://www.yourmacworks.com/tips.htm
ebuilding the Desktop File - Read this next procedure all the way through before starting the process. You may want to print these instructions. This little bit of regular maintenance can keep a lot of small problems from plaguing your Macintosh computer over time. This action is especially helpful if your Mac crashes, or if you have to restart your Mac due to a freeze. First, shut down your Mac. Pull the plug if you have to, which you may have to do if it froze and is not responsive to pushing the reset button. Start up the Macintosh. Hold down the option (alt) and command (apple key) keys together and continue to hold them down through the entire startup process. Do not let go of these keys until your Mac has completely started up and a window appears on your desktop asking you if you want to rebuild your desktop. In some cases prior to the end of the startup process, the disk repair check will run itself and when it is complete is will expect you to click the 'done' button. You can do that without taking your finger off the option and command keys, then allow the process to continue.

Allow the startup process to finish and the window asking you if you want to rebuild the desktop to appear before you lift your fingers off the keys. Once the desktop message appears you can take your fingers off the keys, but do not click okay to rebuild the desktop until you see the control strip appear at the bottom of your monitor, usually in the lower left corner. This may take a few seconds for some Macs. It may be just be the tip of the control strip, but that is the indicator that the startup process is complete and that you are ready to rebuild the desktop. If you do not normally use a control strip at the bottom of your monitor, just go ahead and click okay to rebuild your desktop.

it sounds good enough to go through all that trouble?

Not, ... but Sony Oxford stuff...  :) may be...

It should work for Antares kantos, tube, and filter. Not sure if Antares Mic Modeler/Infinty works too with same method. I think I have used MicMod for RTAS without all that trouble.

If it were for only 1 plug it would not worth the effort, but for 4+ Waves 4 + Sony Oxford EQ it should, don't you think?  ;D

Now we just need an expert in applescript to make the clearance and ask for a Rebuild desktop. At least the
Delete the content of "HFSExtentTables" folder inside "TheVolumeSettingsFolder" (this folders and files are invisibles)
is possible with applescript.

BTW.My 1000th post!!!!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 02:49:53 PM by Protools5LEGuy »
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2015, 02:53:02 PM »
Please, Let's find the RTAS version! Also the MAS one!

RTAS and MAS?
... no problem: tomorrow probably...  no kidding, LOL

BTW.My 1000th post!!!!

congratulations !!

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 09:04:32 AM »
Here they are:

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2018, 07:32:24 PM »
Re-Imaging all factory CDs...  I am guessing we were only able to get this one going via reset and desktop re-Build

Original CD also has Demos of...
Infinity, kantos,Mic Modeler, and Tube

Let me know if these are wanted also, but I am guessing they will also need to be "reset" every 10 days

Online Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2020, 06:18:59 PM »
This Mic Modeler manual should come with the post I did About Mic modeler
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4