Author Topic: VirSyn Tera  (Read 16924 times)

Offline Jakl

• Gold Member
Re: VirSyn Tera
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2014, 02:55:54 PM »
all taken care of chris hope to see it soon.  ;)

supernova777

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2014, 05:00:10 PM »
all taken care of chris hope to see it soon.  ;)

oh right u are in .au!! nice one of you jakl you the man;)

supernova777

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2014, 05:01:55 PM »
keep in mind this will show up in cubase under REWIRE channels panel aswell
seems that it was designed to work as a rewire app in standalone mode as well as a vst instrument! this can cause probles with cubase 5 if u have more apps installed u get the "no more mixer channels" message on loading cubase......

mactron.. do u know how to edit the rewire channels ?
or how do to disable rewire completely?

we need a howto on how to DELETE REWIRE from your system
 what a pain in the ass

Offline Jakl

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2014, 07:06:34 PM »
Turn off the rewire extension - deactivate the rewire extension in the extensions manager.
Or completely scrub it from your hard drive...Oh and restart your machine.:-)

What other way is there?

supernova777

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2014, 07:24:50 PM »
Turn off the rewire extension - deactivate the rewire extension in the extensions manager.
Or completely scrub it from your hard drive...Oh and restart your machine.:-)

What other way is there?

i had read that its not that simple
mactron said he had some problems running without it aswell!
is that what u do? it works?
for which apps? all?

Offline Jakl

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2014, 05:30:26 AM »
Yes I was mistaken - after having read the part of the Reason 2.5 manual again it brought back some memories.
Here is what the manual said;

!A NOTE FOR MACOS9 USERS!
In addition to being located in the Reason program folder, an alias for the Reason engine is also
put in the Extensions folder. This allows you, if required to remove the alias. This will prevent
Reason from running in Rewire mode, but will still run fine as a freestanding application.
[/color]

I recall ages ago after having installed different versions of Reason, Rewire would not work between Cubase
and Reason and quiting Reason would cause a crash after the graphics shut down. After reading this message
in the manual I opened the extensions folder and found 3 different version of the Reason engine - 1 demo, 1
earlier version I had installed, and the last version just installed. I threw them all out - opened the program
folder, made an alias of the last installed Reason Engine, dropped it into the Extensions folder and all was up
and running again #modified# after a restart and a desktop rebuild. #modified#
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 05:46:44 AM by Jakl »

supernova777

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2014, 08:01:52 AM »
interesting info jakl we need to move this info to the reason section somehow!
and make a thread on rewire conflicts / solutions

Offline Jakl

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2014, 02:47:27 PM »

i had read that its not that simple
mactron said he had some problems running without it aswell!
is that what u do? it works?
for which apps? all?
[/quote]

All Applications that are Rewire savy will have their Engine in the extensions folder
- Ableton Live, Virsyn Tera 2 Engine(called TeraRewire) etc etc. - this just makes
Apps like Cubase aware that there are Rewire applications for it to use. So ensuring
that the right engine is in the extensions folder is a must. Sometimes you may have
to do it manually to get it right i.e. make an alias of the Engine(or Rewire Lib) from
the program folder and drop it into extensions folder - however sometimes only the
installer has a copy/alias of the Engine or Rewire file and it may not be in the program folder.

supernova777

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2014, 05:23:10 AM »
for the record microtera just crashed my mdd and made me lose a really cool track i was working on that i had just made and didnt yet save.. so im pissed at this virsyn company...... maybe they are better programmers now but i think i may have to delete this microtera crap ;)

Offline redstudio

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2023, 07:47:32 AM »
question: was a virsyn 2.0 serial found? the one on the m site doesn't work.. tried on different macs.. os9 and osx.. maybe there is a procedure to do?.. (uppercase and lowercase letters..) let me know, thanks