Author Topic: Combine forums?  (Read 5855 times)

Offline MisterKeeks

Combine forums?
« on: December 06, 2012, 02:13:30 PM »
I have been looking at the forums and it seems like there are a lot of Power Mac forums. I was thinking that instead of having a forum for each line of Power Mac G4, there could be one central PMG4 forum. I think that this would reduce a lot of clutter and keep a lot of discussions in the right place. Also, if there are more members, you won't have to cycle through all of the Power Mac forums to look at new discussions, you'll only need to hit the back button.

Offline Ari

Re: Combine forums?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 05:33:41 AM »
I kind of like the current layout... if that ends up getting changed, though, I think the MDD's should still be separate from the rest of the PowerMac G4's... they're completely different machines.

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 03:55:32 PM »
My initial idea of separating the boards was an attempt to keep the Forum organized if it grew to a large member base.   

I have worked with all Power Macs models and they all have specific quirks/tricks, so I left the Boards specialized so that I could focus and address questions on a specific machine.  Grouping them all together may be a good idea if the Forum stays small in the number of members and posts.

Let's keep the current format for another 6 months until we see how many new members/posts arrive.

- Jerry

Offline Chefsessel

• Newcomer
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 10:03:05 AM »
Jerry, I'd also like to point out that I'd love to see the forums combined. It's too long to scroll and keep to track of things and makes me only look at 1-2 forums and ignore the rest. How about instead of hardware, we break up the forums into areas of interest? "office", "gaming", "hardware" etc. ?

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 11:21:55 PM »
I kind of like that idea... please map out the Main and Child boards you think we should go with and I will try to implement.... so, to clarify... do you thin we should have only a few parent boards and many child boards ?

Offline Chefsessel

• Newcomer
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 01:28:11 PM »
I know I'm really really late at answering this (I'm terribly sorry, really!) but between my posts I had a wedding, two jobs and a relocation. Yeah, not much time for doing something with my beloved OS9 TiBook!

About the forums, as it stands, we have few postings and those postings are stretched thin along the loads of forums.

I'd go with something very basic like this for the beginning:

- General OS9 Discussion
- Help! Forums
- Feedback
- Off-Topic

This should keep it accessible for now. What do you think?

supernova777

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 12:21:35 AM »
its a valid pt that its confusing for some to navigate amongst so many topics
i have made some massive changes today after being empowered to do so on behalf of all by DieHard
any comments or suggestions or thoughts feel free to voice your thoughts
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 08:44:58 AM by supernova777 »