Author Topic: m-audio audiophile 192 - no mac os 9 drivers;(  (Read 7942 times)

supernova777

m-audio audiophile 192 - no mac os 9 drivers;(
« on: July 02, 2014, 08:36:08 AM »
M-Audio audiophile 192 (2002)

The Audiophile 192 is a professional quality audio and MIDI interface based on a low-profile PCI card, offering two analog inputs and four analog
outputs (balanced or unbalanced TRS) on a robust breakout cable. The Audiophile 192 also offers independent S/PDIF coaxial I/O.
The Audiophile 192 supports a wide range of internal sampling rates, from 8kHz up to 192kHz, for clean, high-resolution 24-bit audio performance.
It can also sync to external devices via S/PDIF at sampling rates from 32kHz to 192kHz. The Audiophile 192 runs under Windows XP, Windows
2000, and Mac OS X, and includes ultra-low latency drivers for the most popular audio protocols, including Windows WDM, ASIO II, GSIF II
(backward-compatible) and Mac CoreAudio.

The Audiophile 192 also offers a highly flexible software mixer, giving you zero-latency input monitoring. As part of the Delta series of M-Audio
interfaces, the Audiophile 192 can be used together with other Delta series devices (or with multiple Audiophile 192’s), and can be synchronized
via the control panel’s multiple card sync page in Windows XP (multiple card support is planned for Mac OS X in a future software update). MIDI
I/O is also included, making the Audiophile 192 a total studio solution

< Frequency response 20Hz – 80kHz
< 24-bit, 192kHz audio interface with an exceptional 113dB dynamic range
< Supports internal sample rates of 8kHz to 192kHz, and will sync via S/PDIF to external sample rates of 32kHz to 192kHz
< Supports Windows XP (SP1), Windows2000 (SP2) and Mac OS X (10.2.8, 10.3.4 and higher)
< Extremely low latency ASIO II and WDM drivers, as well as GSIF II and Mac CoreAudio drivers
< Two balanced/unbalanced analog inputs on 1/4” TRS balanced connectors
< Two balanced/unbalanced analog Main outputs on 1/4” TRS balanced connectors
< Two balanced/unbalanced analog Monitor outputs on 1/4” TRS balanced connectors
< Stereo S/PDIF inputs and outputs on RCA coaxial connectors
< MIDI I/O
< Software-controllable analog mixer provides monitoring of input signals to Monitor outputs
< User-friendly Control Panel offers control of mixing, routing, and master clock settings
< Support for VST System Link and WMA Pro
http://www.m-audio.ca/images/global/manuals/AP192_UG_EN1.pdf

i wonder if thers anyway to hack the drivers for this card to work with mac os 9?
does anyone have this card?
its a shame they didnt make this compatible with mac os 9
its very much improved over the audiophile 2496
i cant beleive they wouldnt make mac os 9 drivers for it..
when every other card in the delta/audiophile series supports it

it really is a perfect match for a powermac g5 for the light cubase user !
2 in 2 out + 2 monitor + 2 digital + midi.. + very high khz capability
WHY NO MAC OS 9 DRIVER!!!  ;(

the m-audio driver download page lists drivers only for:
10.1 through to 10.5.8 leopard
windows 2000, XP 32/64bit, vista 32/64bit, win7 32/64bit

its a shame because these pro grade balanced quarter inch inputs are a big improvement over the consumer grade unbalanced RCa inputs/outputs on the audiophile 2496
and make for a much easier time getting cabled up to a small format mixer

« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 09:27:55 PM by chrisNova777 »