Author Topic: Behringer UCA200 and Ploytec drivers  (Read 9198 times)

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Behringer UCA200 and Ploytec drivers
« on: June 26, 2014, 05:07:53 PM »
I have this thing http://www.behringer.com/assets/UCA200-GY_P0496_M_EN.pdf

It is 16bits and 44.1/48kHz capable, I think.

Maybe it can work with Ploytec OS9 drivers. There was one user here that had them, right?

It says it work since mac os 9.0.4 on G3s
The UCA200 is PC and Mac-compatible. Therefore, no installation procedure or drivers
are required for the correct functioning of the UCA200.
To work with the UCA200, your computer must fulfill the following minimum requirements:

MAC
G3, 300 MHz or higher
minimum 128 MB RAM
USB 1.1 interface
OS 9.0.4 or higher, 10.X or high, but it has no drivers to download, so I guess is "generic" to OS 9, In windows is "usb codec".

I would like to use it with Protools Free, but I also like Digital Performer and Logic. Cubase also, but not my first choice always.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 05:19:17 PM by Protools5LEGuy »
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline arjen_1

• Gold Member
  • Mac Midi & Audio Aficionado
Powermac g4 933mhz quicksilver

supernova777

Re: Behringer UCA200 and Ploytec drivers
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 02:28:10 AM »
if it says 9.0.4 or higher then there must be a proper os 9 driver for it somewhere

it looks like the X was a typo
hm 2006 is pretty late to have os9 support! much like the tascam fw1804

it could be that the driver isnt posted anymore due to noone being interested in this
or  it could be that the requirements is incorrect.

seriously tho why would u want to use this interface? when theres other choices that are just as cheap + known to be compatible? ;)  i mean i could understand if theres some quality or number of inputs benefit... but this thing??

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: Behringer UCA200 and Ploytec drivers
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 04:23:31 AM »
if it says 9.0.4 or higher then there must be a proper os 9 driver for it somewhere

it looks like the X was a typo
hm 2006 is pretty late to have os9 support! much like the tascam fw1804

it could be that the driver isnt posted anymore due to noone being interested in this
or  it could be that the requirements is incorrect.

seriously tho why would u want to use this interface? when theres other choices that are just as cheap + known to be compatible? ;)  i mean i could understand if theres some quality or number of inputs benefit... but this thing??
In OSX audiomidi setup is reported as USB CODEC.
In the Spanish manual it only reports as OSX and G4 compatible...

There should be a "generic" usb driver for Os9. Off-topic I had emailed more than a hundred times to behringer asking for Os9 support on BCF-2000 since2005... .

I readed somewhere that ploytec sold that driver to audio-related companies that did not have software developers.

The soundcard is cheap and current, for sure it is not a RME... but was given to me in a video-edition course because it was a gift with some soundboard Xenix and the have videotoaster vt4 on the cut room...The rca conectors make it "swapable" with my AM III and my AP2496.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 04:40:43 AM by Protools5LEGuy »
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4