Classic Mac OS Software (Discussions on Applications) > DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) General Discussions

Building the BEST setup for my equipment

<< < (14/14)

smilesdavis:

--- Quote from: IIO on September 14, 2022, 03:47:50 AM ---for a total of 1500 you are eventually in the HDX range already.

--- End quote ---

hdx go used for 3.5 atm rarely lower

Protools5LEGuy:
You have 2 choices:

1 Never ask 110 how much cost something

2 Give 110 a fistfull of money and he will give you a distressor + 888/24 + good stuff for 100 bucks

Jokes aside, 110 will always say cheaper than in Spain.

You cant get a 4.1 or 5.1 for less than 500 Euros

--- Quote from: IIO on September 14, 2022, 03:47:50 AM ---for a total of 1500 you are eventually in the HDX range already.

--- End quote ---

HD gray+blue converters (192 IO / 96 IO) cost 400 to 1000 still. Rarely you see an empty chassis for 250 bucks. I wonder if a empty blue can work only with SPDIF without cards.

IIO:
what do you think about cracked PT 2010 for mac? with native audio driver and unlimited tracks?

smilesdavis:

--- Quote from: IIO on September 14, 2022, 01:06:50 PM ---what do you think about cracked PT 2010 for mac? with native audio driver and unlimited tracks?

--- End quote ---

ah ye unsanity my hero

Protools5LEGuy:
With this

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B071ZDS4CB

my MacPro uses the original Multiface thru an ExpressCard. But needs to be powered. Not a big trouble.

I think that RME Hammerfall Multiface has the longest lifespan EVER in a soundcard.

From Mac OS 9 to Big Sur AFAIK. I am using in El Capitan with PT 10.3.10 HD and it seems more stable than the M-Audio I was using before.

And now I have to decide between Focusrite Liquid Saphire 56 converters vs RME Multiface. RME is the MasterClock for the LS56.

RME also sends ADAT clock (Or 2-4 stereo stems) to my new Mac OS9 MIX++ rig with a Mix Core+ Mix Farm + DSP Farm II + DSP Farm + Original ADAT Bridge.

At last you can call me Protools5TDMGuy   ;D

Mix Core + Mix Farm cost me both 60 bucks.  Maybe in the future I will get another Mix card, not so sure by now.

I tried that setup on the MDD 1.25 Uni I have but gave me lots of errors on tests. Finally is working on my dual GHz Digital Audio with a 12 cm extra fan. 

The 2 Mac Pro + G4 DA are in other room for a silent room.

The best approach for my studio will be to return the LS56 to the main DAW to have 2 ADAT stems to the PT5 TDM ADAT bridge. I guess I could mix with 20 bits returns(Original unit ADAT depth limit) but I am the search for a cheap 24bit ADAT bridge.

Other good approach is to use the 24 bits SPDIF onboard on the original ADAT Bridge and convert it to Optical (I would need 2 Coaxial to optical SPDIF converters, already have 1) to have an stereo 24bits insert from PT5 TDM

I have to say that I am shocked by the quality of the TDM package. Drawner + TC Works X-something + LexiVerb blew my mind, just to name a few

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version