Classic Mac Hardware (Troubleshooting, Upgrading, & Modifying) > Video Cards, Monitors, & Displays

Mac OS9 Radeon 9250 drivers

(1/4) > >>

SnakeCoils:
As requested by MacTron I opened a new thread with this subject.
The Radeon 9250, as far as I know, was never supported by ATI drivers but happened to me to have purchased on eBay such board flashed for Mac but the standard extensions refused to load and accelerate the System.
The vendor told me that some modified drivers existed and pointed me to an archive where I have downloaded them and, if I remember well, after dropping this drivers in the System the card was correctly recognized and used.
The system was at the time a B&W Yosemite G3 and the graphic performances were more than honest.

Attached I provide the archive I downloaded some years ago, I do not provide any warranty or support, but if someone want to do some experiments feel free to pick up while it is still hot :-)

supernova777:
i have a radeon 7500 in my powermac g3 450mhz.. and as i have said before about this system, i alway find it be remarkably fast for a g3!

MacTron:

--- Quote from: SnakeCoils on June 17, 2014, 02:43:03 PM ---...
The vendor told me that some modified drivers existed and pointed me to an archive where I have downloaded them and, if I remember well, after dropping this drivers in the System the card was correctly recognized and used.

--- End quote ---

Thank You.
...but those aren't modified drives, just Radeon 9200 drivers.
BTW, the most updated ATI drivers for Mac Os 9.

and we have it already  -afro-
http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?topic=1101.0

SnakeCoils:
Excellent! This means that at a certain point, in the latest ATI driver updates, the 9250 support has been quietly added directly from the manufacturer.
I didn't knew about the july 2005 update but I discovered a nice side effect of ATI ROM Xtender 1.2 when used with a Mac-flashed Radeon X800XT: it activates che DDC/EDID communication with the connected display and permit to the Display Manager to select all the monitor's supported resolutions and not only the one stored in the PRAM when booted in OS9. No 2D or 3D acceleration of course, no DVD decoding but at least I can choose the display resolution that I want :-)

supernova777:

--- Quote from: chrisNova777 on June 17, 2014, 10:23:59 PM ---i have a radeon 7500 in my powermac g3 450mhz.. and as i have said before about this system, i alway find it be remarkably fast for a g3!

--- End quote ---

i mean for a PCI video card.. on a g3 processor.. it seems just as fast if not faster then my g4 450mhz.. perhaps the radeon 7500 pci is just as fast as the agp geforce MX4?
*shrug*

op; (snakecoils) were u talking about radeon 9250 PCI or AGP?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version