Author Topic: Repairing Ti 4600  (Read 5131 times)

Offline MisterKeeks

• Valued Member
Repairing Ti 4600
« on: June 12, 2014, 08:08:43 PM »
I am thinking about purchasing a broken Ti 4600, specifically a Leadtek Winfast A250 Ultra TD. Most, if not all, of the Ti 4600s have the same on-board power supply. The one on this card has a few missing/broken parts, I'm assuming they are from a botched overclocking job of some sort. If you have a Ti 4600, could you please post pictures of the area near the chip marked SC1102CS. I have attached a picture of the broken card. On the A250, I need to know the values of the following components: R1080, R1129, and D617. If you have a Ti 4600 that is not the same card, the numbers will not match up, but if you post a picture, we may be able to identify what they should be.

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
Re: Repairing Ti 4600
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 05:42:05 PM »
Did you know that this card probably don't work on Mac?
Please don't PM about things that are not private.

Offline MisterKeeks

• Valued Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 03:30:08 PM »
It is flashable, correct?

I have decided against this project anyways.

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 04:22:13 PM »
I'll try to post the picture you need as soon as I can...

It is flashable, correct?

Yes, it is. But seems that some hardware mod will be needed... please post yours results and investigations...

Offline MisterKeeks

• Valued Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 05:36:45 PM »
What sort of hardware modification would be necessary? I didn't know anything about this. Is it something that has to be done in order to flash it?

supernova777

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 09:11:13 PM »
What sort of hardware modification would be necessary? I didn't know anything about this. Is it something that has to be done in order to flash it?

hes referring to some information that was posted by another group of people on another site.

its this site that includes alot of roms for different cards.. i forget the address now but if u google u will find it with this big red/darkred box that filles the screen telling u to scroll down...

http://forums.macnn.com/73/hardware-hacking/228359/lets-figure-out-geforce-ti-4600-a/

1 Take a GF4 MX Mac card(these are cheap these days) Backup the Rom.
2 Put it in a PC and erase the Rom
3 REBOOT THE PC( YOU MUST DO THIS STEP)
4 Run: NVFlash -a
5 write down the Subsystem ID and Subvendor ID it reports( they may be in the form of ffff)
6 now take a PC GF4MX and do 1-5 on it.
7 Now the Hard Part: Find out the resistors that set the PCI Subsystem ID and Sub Vendor ID. Mix and match them until NVFlash -a reports the same Sub ID's for it as the Mac card.
8 Flash it with the Mac Rom
9 Install it in your Mac
10 Enjoy your New NVMac Card.

these steps elude to a physical hardware mod that would change the ids
some cards might work due to them already matching whatever rom u use.. and other cards would need to be 'fixed' to work
by actually changing some resistors to make it report different ids that correspond to the coding ijn the rom that willl allow the card to work properly.
hope this gave u some more insight.

in summary, its possible but may require some astute techniques;)

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 02:28:20 PM »
Here you have. Let me know how it goes...