Author Topic: How to copy a floppy  (Read 3578 times)

Offline MacGuy

• Veteran Member
  • Love MacOS9Lives
How to copy a floppy
« on: June 02, 2014, 10:58:57 AM »
Trying to make a copy of an emergency startup floppy using apple's disk copy.

However, forgot how disk copy works and the "help" file within the application is useless although I never understood how  apple's disk copy did work in those days long past.

Could you guys give me a couple or more free lessons on how apple's disk copy makes a copy of a floppy so that the copy would be bootable.
LC520(my first iMac @ 25 MHz ), 8500/SonnetG4, Performa6360, QuickSilver PowerPC G4 ( 933MHz ), iMac PowerPC G3 500 MHz ,iMac @ 3.06 GHz, AND a plethora of midi/audio/recording gear and software and oh! let's not forget all those acoustical music instruments

supernova777

Re: How to copy a floppy
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 06:15:21 PM »
none of us have floppy drives on our macs
we use g4 macs that dont have floppy drives

Offline MacGuy

• Veteran Member
  • Love MacOS9Lives
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 06:58:47 PM »
Well what good is that ????????

No, i understand. I was hoping some one here would recall.

I've got one of those USB floppy drives and on occasions use it with my G3 and G4.
LC520(my first iMac @ 25 MHz ), 8500/SonnetG4, Performa6360, QuickSilver PowerPC G4 ( 933MHz ), iMac PowerPC G3 500 MHz ,iMac @ 3.06 GHz, AND a plethora of midi/audio/recording gear and software and oh! let's not forget all those acoustical music instruments

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 07:35:47 AM »
none of us have floppy drives on our macs
...well, not exactly...

To copy floppy on a Mac is exactly equal to copy any other storage media (CD-ROM, DVD ROM, USB or Firewire Storage). There is several ways to do it. The easy one is drag and drop the flopy icon to a Hard Disk icon and later do the inverse process to restore the copy.
If you prefer to use Apple Disk Copy, simply drag and drop the floppy icon to the  Disk Copy app icon.
... or insert the floppy with Disk Copy app open,
... or drag and drop the floppy icon to the Disk Copy app window
... or...
Please don't PM about things that are not private.