Author Topic: Arturia CS-80V  (Read 18603 times)

supernova777

Arturia CS-80V
« on: September 28, 2013, 08:28:37 PM »

Offline lokki

• Enthusiast Member
Re: Arturia CS-80V
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 12:39:35 AM »
there should be a download link in the member's only area i think. it's a great synth! it's on the ftp. (you can also find it on macintosh garden) but it is easier to have it here i think.
MDD Dual @1.42Ghz, Powerbook TI @1Ghz

supernova777

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 05:33:47 PM »
sorry i havent been paying attention much to the plugins + software because ive been waiting for my equipment .. i ordered a bunch of stuff on ebay, had it sent to Diehards place because most of teh sellers in USA "Dont ship to canada" or anywhere else because they are too lazy to fill out a custom form and its too easy for them to sell to someone else in the US....

but .. soon i will have plenty of Midi IO to network many apps among many macs;)
and i will at that time spend time and carefull atention to details of mac os 9 daw + plugins as i install meticulously ;)

the only thing im missing is a gport or stealth for g3 450mhz!
but i have midi i/o for my sawtooth, my quicksilver, and my mdd..
the g3 might have to make due with some usb midi solution or i might have to get a Keyspan adapter as the serial adapters for g3 are very hard to find

supernova777

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 09:25:44 AM »
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/apr05/articles/arturiacs80v.htm

april 2005
amazing that arturia release a mac os 9 version this late in time.

supernova777

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 02:41:43 PM »
been playing with this all afternoon and im loving the arpegiator function!!!!!!!!
so much fun!! this might be the best of the arturias? lol ok maybe not;)
it is quite easy to end up with some crappy sound with this vst ..
but when u have a good patch + good settings it can be fun;)
basses + analog sounds .. kinda suck
but the more polyphonic patches can sound pretty good
sort of in the same way as the pro-52 .. bright polys etc

actually i just got some niec bass from it. but i think the arturias need
more external effects.. help from good compressor.. chorus etc depends which type of sound u are going for

its definately not as good as some refx + linplug + select ni
and i think its alot like reason patches in that, the notes for each patch only sound good within a certain few octaves of the notes the rest will sound bad.. really bad! lol
so u always have to find the "sweet spot" range on the keyboard which is diffrent for each patch! so it makes it impossible to switch between patches whilst pressing the same key and get good results.. each time u change patch u have to find where on the keyboard it sounds good with that patch

arturia is like same quality as reason built in synths it hink
linplug + refx are better quality.. its possible still to do cool things with reason + Arturia only it can be dificult to program + the sound is easy to make it bad

« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 03:49:12 PM by chrisNova777 »

Offline geforceg4

• Platinum Member
  • i did my time on mac os 9
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 10:27:27 PM »
this thing takes up alot of cpu power! but its got some ok sounds ;)

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 06:57:02 AM »
its definately not as good as some refx + linplug + select ni
and i think its alot like reason patches in that, the notes for each patch only sound good within a certain few octaves of the notes the rest will sound bad.. really bad! lol
so u always have to find the "sweet spot" range on the keyboard which is diffrent for each patch! so it makes it impossible to switch between patches whilst pressing the same key and get good results.. each time u change patch u have to find where on the keyboard it sounds good with that patch

arturia is like same quality as reason built in synths it hink
linplug + refx are better quality.. its possible still to do cool things with reason + Arturia only it can be dificult to program + the sound is easy to make it bad

After I had dedicated some time to program this thing I'm really disappointed with the sound It have. After testing other Arturia stuff I don't recomend anybody to lose the time with software from that company . It have a really bad sound engine.
They are the culprits of the bad reputation of the virtual synths. Try all the NI stuff first and  rFx and impOSCcar ... you'll hear the difference.
Please don't PM about things that are not private.