Author Topic: Glad to be a part of the community.  (Read 3856 times)

Offline Rin Elyran

• Mac user since 1991
Glad to be a part of the community.
« on: May 28, 2014, 11:33:30 AM »
Good morning/afternoon/evening, ladies and gentlemen. It is wonderful to meet you all. I'm Rin Elyran and I am an avid musician who had just recently dug out an old iBook G3 Clamshell from the closet after 10 years of storage. I've plugged it in and hit the power key, and about 15 seconds later, the familiar Happy Macintosh icon appeared on the screen, and the desktop showed up about a minute later. Ever since its first successful startup after 10 years of inactivity, I've been searching for things to do with the 13-year-old laptop.

I came here mainly to find a way to use my off-brand USB MIDI adapter with the iBook, but I noticed that MacOS9Lives offered other audio programs that I could tinker with, even if my iBook doesn't accept the USB MIDI adapter. Regardless, it is a pleasure to have joined the MacOS9Lives Community.
Computers:
- PowerBook G4 [2005] - Mac OS 10.4.11 installed; Classic environment also installed
- Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 14 [2019] - Windows 10 installed; primary computer

Consoles: NES, Super NES, Sega Genesis, PS1, Dreamcast, PS2 Slim, GameCube, PS3 Slim (slot loader)
Handhelds: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Nintendo DS Lite, almost every US-released Game Boy, from original Game Boy to Game Boy Micro

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
Re: Glad to be a part of the community.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 02:04:14 PM »

... Regardless, it is a pleasure to have joined the MacOS9Lives Community.

...our pleasure also.
welcome to MacOS9Lives  :)
Please don't PM about things that are not private.

Offline Rin Elyran

• Mac user since 1991
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 03:32:27 PM »
Thank you kindly. :)
Computers:
- PowerBook G4 [2005] - Mac OS 10.4.11 installed; Classic environment also installed
- Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 14 [2019] - Windows 10 installed; primary computer

Consoles: NES, Super NES, Sega Genesis, PS1, Dreamcast, PS2 Slim, GameCube, PS3 Slim (slot loader)
Handhelds: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Nintendo DS Lite, almost every US-released Game Boy, from original Game Boy to Game Boy Micro

supernova777

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 06:46:11 AM »
welcome!!!!

what apps are you most familiar with?
do you have previous experience with using the ibook for music production?