Author Topic: Opcode Galaxy 2.5.4  (Read 7145 times)

Offline Irisman

• Veteran Member
  • each day I am older
Opcode Galaxy 2.5.4
« on: May 14, 2014, 01:03:29 PM »

Hi,

I am searching for the Opcode Galaxy+... searched in the internet with no success; tried several installs, but the installers are corrupted or incomplete, what means that I can run the program but I can´t install the devices, and so on.

Do any member here keep in archives this quite old piece of software?   I am trying to help a finnish guy to recover his TX802 sounds, so mainly I am interested in the editor for this synths, working on the Galaxy.

Thanks in advance,
Irisman

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
Re: Opcode Galaxy 2.5.4
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 09:30:13 AM »
I have Opcode Galaxy Librarian 2.5.2...
I've never tried it...
Please don't PM about things that are not private.

Offline Irisman

• Veteran Member
  • each day I am older
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 12:58:39 PM »

I have uploaded a working copy of "Galaxy+ 2.5", including editors, librarians and extras to the FTP, in .zip format, for thouse who may be interested at.

supernova777

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 10:25:55 PM »
as said before we discourage the use of .zip around these parts irisman;)
 :D

im sure it would be appreciated by all if you could use Stuffit + transcode to binary format (.sit.bin)
this ensures proper transfer of meta data, icons, resource forks etc
mac files can actually be damaged by putting in zip
this is the reason why many people have problems with downloaded mac os programs
that were compressed + packaged incorrectly for transfer over the internet!

Offline Irisman

• Veteran Member
  • each day I am older
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 01:59:13 AM »
Hi Chris,

I just uploaded to the ftp the .sit.bin file with the Galaxy + editor that is making me happy after lots of headaches of testing bad copies of this programs that are out there. May some of you use it, or make it available to others will be fine    ;)

It contains the galaxy program, the librarians, the editors, and the extras folder. It´s the only working copy I could found out there, coming from the Yahoo Opcode Users group.

Greetz

as said before we discourage the use of .zip around these parts irisman;)
 :D

im sure it would be appreciated by all if you could use Stuffit + transcode to binary format (.sit.bin)
this ensures proper transfer of meta data, icons, resource forks etc
mac files can actually be damaged by putting in zip
this is the reason why many people have problems with downloaded mac os programs
that were compressed + packaged incorrectly for transfer over the internet!

supernova777

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 02:03:52 AM »
iris. thats great.. we need to be precise + to eliminate bad copies of software as this really exponentially causes headaches for many people i had problems with bad copies of panther + os9 install recently. these things can make your life a living hell when things dont work and you are wasting time!!

Offline Irisman

• Veteran Member
  • each day I am older
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 02:34:06 AM »
iris. thats great.. we need to be precise + to eliminate bad copies of software as this really exponentially causes headaches for many people i had problems with bad copies of panther + os9 install recently. these things can make your life a living hell when things dont work and you are wasting time!!

I assume and subscribe those politics, it´s better to do the things well once that bad twice isn´t it?    And I learnt to manage how to make .sit.bin files!!

:)