Author Topic: overview (www.vst-mac.info)  (Read 14705 times)

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
Re: overview
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2014, 07:32:32 PM »

i am working on a new host as you can see in the respective forum thread ... but about refuse ... i dont know / cant remember what it did.

of course we have two other options: 1. i could ask the colluege if he makes it free 2. it is most likely that i have a "working" version of it in my archives. but the preferred method of all will be that i try to build you guys something better.

give me a few days with the thing i promised mactron (i have some other hobbies, too) then we will see what we need next. :)

insert arbitrary signature here

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2014, 07:51:10 PM »
ok, refuse, easy to build, but i dont fully get how to make use of it, as i am not a big fan of rewire.

he has the direct connect driver as default but he has also included the nonrealtime and VST audio output driver ... weird.

how are you guys are going to use it?

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2014, 08:16:00 PM »
ok, refuse, easy to build, but i dont fully get how to make use of it, as i am not a big fan of rewire.

he has the direct connect driver as default but he has also included the nonrealtime and VST audio output driver ... weird.

how are you guys are going to use it?

I dunno the request from Mactron.

Maybe there are 2 request:

1 Make "Ugly" not "Ugly". Make an 2014 VST(i) host more advanced than ugly...

2 Make "ReFuse"/compatible app work for us. He still sells it (and AAX==>2014 plugs) so hacking it sounds like starving families... >:(   The thing is to make rewire work on Protools 5...Maybe we can ask him to deliver free Refuse for us...

Kontakt inside protools via direct connect and your adapter would be my use. EXS24 seems to work via Direct connect loading logic too, maybe using EXSP24 in protools via an VST/RTAS adapter could come in handy too. Anyway anything you develop would be great because it borns here on MacOS9Lives!
Let's hear the requests of DH, Mactron, ChrisNova, Sintho, Knezzen and Dr Bu too. Maybe I am asking trivial things for advanced users...

Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2014, 08:23:35 PM »
i just hacked into it. he has documented his nag and copy protection scheme extensively. but no, that would not be honorably, sorry. :)
however he has done a great job, clean code, some fine details in background to ensure a good user expierience.

but i think one can make a simpler or different app instead.

do you guys neeed rewire 1 support, too? rewire 2 only would be much easier. using IAC buses in OMS is a dangerous party, i often chrash with things like that. (i require this method for example when i want to use maxmsp with tokio or reaktor, because the VST2 in maxmsp does not support "control change" but only notes.)

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2014, 08:28:50 PM »
correct me if i am wrong, i have no experience with these things. but to use kontakt with PT it should be enough to have a standalone VST host which takes midi over OMS and sends audio over directconnect, no?

not sure about latency...? but rewire has latency too! for example leigh marble uses 512 buffer size in order to make max not suck CPU ... just like i do this in the same situation, see the otheer thread.

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2014, 08:48:52 PM »

do you guys neeed rewire 1 support, too? rewire 2 only would be much easier. using IAC buses in OMS is a dangerous party, i often chrash with things like that. (i require this method for example when i want to use maxmsp with tokio or reaktor, because the VST2 in maxmsp does not support "control change" but only notes.)

Please, start with a rewire 2 only version. Maybe later a rewire 1 comp version. Any work is welcome.  :D ;D
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

supernova777

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2014, 09:33:50 PM »
http://www.vst-mac.info/ <-- should be added to the thread topic subject
to be featured here more prominently

this site has been up for a very long time. i remember seeing it many many times, as im sure most people
interested in vst technology on the internet has at one point seen this site for the last 10 years
since about 2001 i think?

web backups
go back to 2003... thats over 10 years
seems mostly active from 2003-2008