Author Topic: Native Instruments Dynamo  (Read 10965 times)

supernova777

supernova777

Re: Native Instruments Dynamo
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 04:20:02 PM »
DYNAMO is a lite version of REAKTOR, the powerful virtual synthesizer, sampler and effects processor from Native Instruments. Dynamo comes with 25 presets from the Premium Library of Reaktor sounds. These presets feature awesome drum machines, effects, samplers + transformers, FM-synths + hybrids, sequenced-synths, and subtractive-synths; all created by top sound designers. Dynamo can act as a stand-alone software synth using ASIO, SoundManager, and DirectSound or as a plug-in using VST-2.0, MAS, MME, and DirectConnect for Pro Tools. And it's available for both Mac and PC.

Offline felixtatic

• Newcomer
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 12:14:50 PM »
I just picked up a boxed copy of this from a guy here in Berlin. It came with the book, the cd and the serial number.

I’d be happy to upload this for others to use if somebody would give me a hand in deciding the most useful way to proceed!

Offline Philgood

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 05:52:45 AM »
Don't know about how the file upload is handled now but I'm sure they will respond soon.
I just followed the link Chris (supernova777)posted because I didn't remember Dynamo.
One user comment that he was searching for the 1.03 (?) Update but NI wouldn't provide it anymore (that was in 2008).
It can be difficult to find the updates for everything NI because they kept it private as far as I know. You would have to be registered with them and would then get access only to what you actually own.
Maybe in the meanwhile you can see what version your package installs and if you can find the updates for it. Even ask NI as you are now a legal owner.
Thanks.
*G4 MDD 1.25GHz (Single 2003)* with 2x 80Gb harddrives, 1Gb RAM, Tascam US-428 and Edirol FA-101 USB/Firewire soundcards-*iMac G3 DV 400MHz* with installs from OS 8.6-OSX Tiger on different harddrives-*Powerbook G4 1.67Ghz* with new SSD ! Love it.

Offline felixtatic

• Newcomer
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2020, 08:22:37 AM »
Okay thanks for the info.

The box says version 1.0. I'll try getting in touch with Native and see what they can give me.

The DVD drive on my Powerbook G4 has died so I'm struggling to get it installed. I've had a quick attempt at using target disk mode from my Mac Pro which I used to install the Die Hard backup but had no luck when booted into os9. If anyone has any advice on whether this is possible or where i can source a new drive i'd be very grateful!

Offline Philgood

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2020, 05:05:39 AM »
I would look for an external optical drive with firewire on local ads. There are sometimes like new condition. I saw PC vendor ones from Dell even and can't think of why it wouldn't work on our macs.

Did you try to share the optical drive through firewire target disk mode?
I think it only works with the internal hard drive. Maybe I'm wrong about that. Hope someone can confirm.
Did anyone came back to you about uploading the disk image yet?
*G4 MDD 1.25GHz (Single 2003)* with 2x 80Gb harddrives, 1Gb RAM, Tascam US-428 and Edirol FA-101 USB/Firewire soundcards-*iMac G3 DV 400MHz* with installs from OS 8.6-OSX Tiger on different harddrives-*Powerbook G4 1.67Ghz* with new SSD ! Love it.

Offline redstudio

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2023, 09:56:48 AM »
Has anyone mounted this cd image of Dynamo on the site? I can not find it...

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2023, 10:13:38 AM »
Has anyone mounted this cd image of Dynamo on the site? I can not find it...

We do not have this available :(

Remember many NI CDs of this era had CD hardware copy protection to authorize their software (2 small damage circles on the CD itself), see the pics of my Pro-Five CD, if this is in-fact true, I doubt you will find a working copy in the wild

Offline ssp3

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2023, 11:19:16 AM »
What does SCSI copy by Toast (3.5.x ?) say about such CD?
I remember using it with Akai CDs in cases where Astarte produced errors.

Also, it is worth trying this excellent tool for OSX.
https://apps.tempel.org/iBored/
Deals gracefully with read errors: You can copy a partially-damaged disk to an image file (bad blocks will become zero-filled in the copy) in order to use recovery tools on the error-free copy then.

I just did a test run with Mac/ISO Hybrid CD. It saved it as .dimg image file, which could be mounted in Finder. Toast 9 recognized it, which means it cold be burned to CD-R.

EDIT. One should try it with USB Floppy drive and those C/P floppies. Maybe it will work?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 01:19:33 PM by ssp3 »
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2023, 05:54:31 PM »
What does SCSI copy by Toast (3.5.x ?) say about such CD?
I remember using it with Akai CDs in cases where Astarte produced errors.

Also, it is worth trying this excellent tool for OSX.
https://apps.tempel.org/iBored/

Not going to work on these babies, the best software utilities can do is burn past the normal blocks and reproduce some "semi-copy protected" Steinberg CDs (as we did with overburning) on the VST 5 CD; This hardware scheme is way beyond that and cost the companies that used this method a premium when they the factory CDs produced. 

However, genius members like the one I co-founded this site with, can sometimes take factory originals, install them, and produce a re-installable copy of the product. 

Like the one found here:
http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php/topic,1304.0.html

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2023, 09:21:25 AM »
Pro-five has drill holes
Pro-53 they are gone
Looking for: Steinberg Cubase MAC Standard/Score v1-5 & Cubase Audio v1, Cubase Audio v2 for, Cubase Audio v3 for DAE/TDM => complete or in parts

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2023, 11:41:36 PM »
You are correct, never noticed that, but I do know that some people with OS9 talents make working versions after installing and reverse engineering the copy protected versions of some of the early NI products :)

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2023, 05:15:26 AM »
can´t remember for sure but i dont think you need the CD to run it.
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2023, 05:27:04 AM »
You are correct, never noticed that, but I do know that some people with OS9 talents make working versions after installing and reverse engineering the copy protected versions of some of the early NI products :)

im just asking how i can make an image for all of us? no clue
Looking for: Steinberg Cubase MAC Standard/Score v1-5 & Cubase Audio v1, Cubase Audio v2 for, Cubase Audio v3 for DAE/TDM => complete or in parts

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2023, 06:10:30 AM »
images are made with disc copy, shrink wrap or any burn program.

if you are unsure if the CD might contain special magic, you are on the safe side using the "export as master" function in disc utility in OSX. (but it is not the case for pro 53 or dynamo)
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline robespierre

• Veteran Member
  • malfrat des logiciels
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2023, 11:06:01 AM »
What is the technical effect of the drilled spots? I would think they simply produce random reflections in the photopickup which cause ECC to correct the sector data. It can't be that simple, can it?

Offline ssp3

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2023, 11:21:35 AM »
I guess the CD read errors trigger some specific system call, which particular C/P scheme is expecting when application loads. Anyone know more how this work?
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2023, 11:54:12 AM »
im a bit fascinated by it, is it a random drill? is it a show effect? is it just to throw off consumer cd drives?

Offline robespierre

• Veteran Member
  • malfrat des logiciels
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2023, 12:07:59 PM »
Another thought:
The laser pickup in an optical drive really uses three beams. It splits off some light to the left and right to keep it aligned on the track. The drilled spots are like little concave lenses and would refract the side beams so they lose their tracking signal. To the drive electronics it would appear that the disc suddenly disappeared.

I guess the reason for this is that if a drive can't make an image of the disc (because of the above failure), it won't be possible to burn a copy. Also note the holes are quite close to the center (near the beginning of the track). You would hit them only ~20 MB from the start. If the pressed master contains a table of contents that is (e.g.) 650MB, then a copy will always be distinguishable because its data will end too soon, so its table of contents will also be shorter.

Offline redstudio

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2023, 01:15:11 AM »
maybe you can't make an image copy but the installation file being readable you can copy it on the desktop.. could you share this original file? (I know he'll ask for the CD but I'm working to get around the problem.. if I can, I'll share..